Coordinator Health Promotions
The Regional Health Promotion Coordinator will play a key role in the coordination of primary prevention activities, funded under the Victorian Women’s Health Program. This position is responsible for coordinating the women’s health services plan, supporting health promotion staff and coordinating all projects that fall within the scope of the health promotion approach.
The position is responsible for supporting the design, development, implementation, evaluation and timely reporting on high- quality and fully integrated health promotion programs and primary prevention initiatives, including primary prevention of violence against women. Working closely with the Manager Health Promotion and Prevention, this role will support and ensure strong collaboration and integration between the health promotion priorities and health promotion staff. They will also provide coordination for additional organisation projects and priorities that support strategic partnerships and advocating for measures that work to redress the gendered and structural inequities that affect the lives of women, children and young people.
In summary, this position will:
- Take a women’s health leadership role in regional partnerships to implement health promotion strategies that generate and maintain social and culture change required to achieve improved health and well-being for women and support the successful completion of the health promotion plan.
- Participate in strategic planning with the coordination team to consolidating, embed and strengthen the integration of gender equity and population based health promotion programs across the region.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with state wide women’s health organisations and peak bodies to address system inequalities for women.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across partners and community to effectively gender equality promote GWH as the lead regional primary prevention organisation.
- Coordinate and operationalise the GWH women’s health service four year plan.
This position is part-time at 0.7 FTE on a fixed term contract until 30 June 2024. Employment beyond this date is dependent on continued funding.
This position is open only to women and people whose gender identify as female (as per EO H472/2021). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women are encouraged to apply.
GWH has a flexible working policy and as such, employees may work from home, or from another negotiated location. Opportunities for flexible work arrangements are in place.
How To Apply.
Written applications must address the Key Selection Criteria as listed in the position description, marked ‘Confidential’ and submitted via email to Melanie Brown, Manager Health Promotion, Prevention of Violence and Gender Equality, Gippsland Women’s Health at: email@example.com
Applications close 5:00pm AEST Friday 5 August 2022.